- As many stackable items as you can find!
- Split the class into two groups and have them each make a circle.
- Have two of the students from each group stand back-to-back (4 students total), in the middle of each circle.
- The 4 students must have their arms outstretched and their legs spread apart.
- The rest of the group has 1 minute to pile as many things onto the scarecrow as they can (no item can be touching the floor, stuffed into, or held by, clothing, or held in place by the scarecrow – i.e. it all has to just sit somewhere on the body of the two-person scarecrow).
- After one minute, everyone sits down (except for the scarecrows), and the teacher counts the items. The group with the most items piled on, wins.
- Switch scarecrows and do as many times as you want!
- Write the most items any group got on the board.