- 10 hula hoops.
- Class set of dodgeballs.
- Pinnies to split kids into teams.
- 10 bowling pins (or anything else that can be set up inside the hula hoops to be knocked down).
- Split the kids into 2 even teams.
- Divide the gym in half, length-wise, using the cones.
- Lay out the hula hoops, as in the picture, and put a pin in the middle of each one.
- The object of the game is to knock over all of the other team’s pins before they knock over yours.
- You are not allowed to cross the center line.
- NO ONE is allowed inside the hula hoops, and you can only ever have one person guarding a pin/hoop at a time.
- Regular dodgeball rules apply (no throwing above the shoulders, no throwing to hurt someone else).
- If you get hit with a dodgeball by someone on the other team, then you must step off to the side (see the picture), and wait until someone from your team knocks over a pin from the other team. When this happens, every eliminated player from that team can come back into the game.
- Once a pin is knocked over, it cannot be set back up.
- If a pin is knocked over by accident (either with a body or a ball, by someone on your own team), it still counts as being knocked over. Which means that anyone out of the game on the other team can come right back in.
- First team to lose all of their pins, loses.