- Cones to mark playing area (if outside).
- 2-5 evil red balls.
- Pick 3 – 5 kids to be your cats, give them their evil red balls and have them start in the middle of the gym.
- Have all other kids turn into mice, and tell them to go to 1 of the 4 corners.
- The cats must always start in the middle.
- When the teacher yells “switch” all mice must switch to a new corner.
- On “switch” the cats can leave their home and try and tag a mouse (cats can’t throw the balls).
- If a mouse is tagged before reaching a corner, then he/she takes the evil red ball and becomes a cat by going back to the middle.
- If a cat can’t catch a mouse, then they stay a cat.